Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Recession savvy eats!

So, I consider myself an optimist and I have been trying to find a silver lining to the, cue foreboding music, recession. Well, I think I have found it. Eating out less and cooking more meals at home. I know I know, at first this seemed like a major bummer to me too, but after a Bravo marathon of Top Chef I was ready to take on the kitchen.

When you are cooking for yourself at home you're in charge of the ingredients you're using and that can lead to cooking and subsequently eating healthier meals. This is a great thing for staying in shape since foods in many restaurants are served in huge portions and cooked with lots of oil and butter. (Yes Bloomin' Onion I am talking to you). One of my favorite resources for cooking at home is CookingLight.com since the recipes on the site are all "lightened" versions of everyone's favorite meals. These recipes taste great and vary from pot stickers to cheesecakes. My favorite is the "Manicotti Made Easy". It's super nutritious, tastes great and is cheap to make and lasts for a few days. So if you're looking for a good way to save some money and eat healthy meals check out CookingLight.com.

No comments: