Monday, July 13, 2009

Meal Makeover!

Makeover Your Meal, Makeover Your Body!



Eating healthy doesn't mean that you have to give up your favorite foods. With just a few adjustments you can make everything from lasagna to cheesecake healthier and with fewer calories . Sounds crazy, I know!!! Today I'm going to makeover an ultimate classic and one of my personal favorite desserts ...the hot fudge sundae.


  • ORIGINAL SUNDAE: Two scoops vanilla ice cream, tons o' whipped cream, nuts, 4 tablespoons hot fudge sauce CALORIE COUNT: 950

  • MAKEOVER SUNDAE: Try two scoops of Breyer's vanilla ice cream or Haagen Dazs sorbet, 2 tablespoon whipped cream, Hershey's chocolate syrup and strawberries, blueberries or blackberries, whichever is in season! CALORIE COUNT: 350

How 'bout that, a sundae with about 60% fewer calories!!!



Feel free to send me your favorite recipes and I'll show you how to make healthier, lower calorie versions!

No comments: