Thursday, September 17, 2009

Stress Buster: Yoga

I have to admit, I'm a yoga convert. Truth is I was one of those people that believed unless I was seriously sucking wind and drenched in my own sweat, I wasn't getting a good workout. So, you can imagine the last thing I wanted to do was spend a hour "stretching" to Enya. After reading that both Jennifers, Aniston and Lopez, swear by yoga I figured,what the heck, if it works for JLO it's worth a shot. Well, I LOVED it, and bonus, it's a killer workout. Several sun salutations and warrior poses later my core, arms and butt felt not only toned but also flexible and my back aches were gone. And the best part is how stress reducing yoga is. It requires so much focus and breathing that when the workout is over you feel centered and ready to tackle anything the day throws at you. I practice yoga at least once or twice a week and I highly recommend everyone incorporate it into their routine. I promise your body and mind with thank you!

  • Ask around for a good class since good yoga workouts are teacher dependant.
  • Try a DVD (that's what I do). Gaiam ones are great and Amazon.com has a fantastic selection from yoga for beginners to yoga for stress relief.

No comments: